Philips Recorder App on the iPhone and Philips SpeechExec Pro Transcribe with Dragon on the PC
Attorneys who want to use the iPhone as a digital recording device now have available software to do the following:
• Dictate into the iPhone App and
• Send the dictation automatically to a transcriptionist who can have Dragon automatically transcribe the dictation on a PC for immediate correction. The transcriptionist uses Philips SpeechExec Pro Transcribe software and Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional installed and configured on the transcribing PC.
• The software for the iPhone is Philips Recorder and is available as a free download for 30 days on the iTunes App Store. The Philips Recorder App does the following:
o After download, installation and configuration of the App, the attorney can dictate into the App on the iPhone.
o The dictation is sent to a Philips Speech Hub server for format translation from the iPhone recording format to a recording format (DSS, WAV, MP3) that can be understood by Dragon on the transcribing PC.
o The Philips Speech Hub server automatically sends the dictation in the right format to the transcriptionist's email account in Outlook.
o Philips SpeechExec Pro Transcribe is connected to the transcriber's Outlook folder and can then call Dragon to automatically transcribe the iPhone dictation.
• Using this combination of software the law firm can automate the dictation workflow from original dictation to creation of the first draft of the transcribed document.
Using the iPhone as a dictation device with the necessary software can be very cost effective. For a detailed cost proposal for your specific situation, contact Phil Metcalf at the telephone number below. For most firms, the software and configuration needed will consist of the following items:
• The Philips Recorder App for the iPhone is free. There is an annual subscription fee for the format translation service on the Philips Speech Hub.
• The Philips SpeechExec Pro Transcribe software kit is sold on a per transcriber basis.
• Dragon Naturally Speaking Professional is per attorney-transcriber team, meaning only one license is needed per two-person team.
• The estimated time for installation, configuration and training is 2 hours for each attorney-transcriber team.