From time to time, all of us need to share Word documents or other files with clients, co-counsel, opposing counsel, or others. Sending documents as email attachments is clunky and a potential security risk. Instead, use OneDrive to share files and whole folders with clients and other collaborators.
1. Go to the OneDrive web site and log into your account.
2. Pick the item or items you want to share (it can be one or more files or folders).
3. Click the Share option at the top of the page.
4. In the Share box that appears, pick one of the two options. You can either get a link to send to your collaborator via email or generate an email message that already has a link to your shared files or folders.
5. Set permissions in the drop down menu at the top right of the email message to either View only or Edit.
You can revoke sharing at any time. Just log back into the OneDrive web site, click Shared in the left pane, and then tap or click Shared by me. From that view you can end sharing or change permissions.
Note: This method applies only the regular OneDrive, not OneDrive for Business.