It’s almost that time of the year again. Year end is approaching fast! But, don’t let year-end scare away your holiday fun. If you have not maintained your financial data all year long, it is not too late! Here are the top 9 tips to avoid a scary year-end that Affinity Partner Britt Lorish shared on her recent webinar. In case you missed them, here’s a quick look!
1. Confirm your payables, billing, and payroll journal entries are all up-to-date and accurately recorded.
2. Remind your timekeepers again of their yearly goal.
3. Prepare your budget for the new year.
4. Review accounts receivable balances and work-in-progress.
5. Clean up stale outstanding items on your bank reconciliations.
6. Research and properly handle old trust balances.
7. Do tax planning.
8. Record all your transactions and complete bank reconciliations to provide accurate reports to your firm’s CPA.
9. Get ready to generate your 1099s.