So many useful NetDocuments add-ins for Microsoft Outlook - so little time!
In particular, this blog will share some Outlook features that can be utilized in NetDocuments when sending documents to external parties.
When the user is sending an email within Outlook and selects the "New Email" icon, the users are presented with new options for attaching documents directly from NetDocuments.
These are the icons that will be displayed on the Outlook toolbar.
Note: The Edit and Zip options will be highlighted once a document is attached, activating those options to be utilized.
The options are as follows:
- Attach - Allows you to select a document savedinside NetDocuments.
- Edit - Allows you to alter the document using the following options:
- Rename - This lets the users change the name of the original document that will be sent. NOTE: The original name saved in NetDocuments not change.
- Drag and Reorder - When multiple documents have been attached, the user can drag the documents into the order they wish for them to appear.
- Convert to PDF - This allows the users to select the document(s) they wish to convert to the PDF format.
- Zip - This gives the user the ability to zip, compress and encrypt the original document for sending with Outlook.