So many decisions. As you know all too well, running a firm is not for the faint at heart. And you make a lot of decisions and a lot of recommendations that steer the ship. The Association of Legal Administrator's (ALA) Annual Conference & Expo is a time of important professional development — an opportunity to see friends and colleagues and meet new people; to get some of the best education in legal management there is; to attend some of the best social events and parties out there; and to visit more than 150 business partners who show up with the best of the best to help steer legal professionals in the right direction.
The Exhibit Hall at the ALA Annual Conference & Expo is second to none when it comes to one-stop shopping. From technology, office supplies, telephony, furniture and books to insurance, reporting, strategic planning, employee benefits, consulting and travel — literally everything a law firm or legal department needs (or wants) is there. Here are some tips to help our ALA friends navigate the waters:
- Plan ahead! Check out the floor map before you go.
- Decide which booths you want to visit, and plan to spend some quality time with the business partners for the products/services that interest you.
- Don’t be afraid to reach out to the business partners in advance to set up a time to talk.
- Spend some time learning about new products and services. We all know how important it is to show your partners how valuable ALA is to you and to the firm. One way to do that is introduce new products and services to your attorneys!
- Be prepared for the emails and mailings, before and after the conference.
- Play the games, enter the contests and enter the drawings!
There is so much to do in those four days in National Harbor, and having a plan is the key to fitting it all in. As a business partner who has exhibited at more than 10 Annual Conferences, we can’t wait to see you!