The Power of Data: Customized Case Management for Marcus & Mack
For over 40 years, Pennsylvania firm Marcus & Mack has been focused exclusively on personal injury law. With over 100 years of combined legal experience, the attorneys at Marcus & Mack are relied upon by injury victims across Pennsylvania to vigorously fight for their rights.
With caring for others as the cornerstone of the firm’s culture, Marcus & Mack’s attorneys and support staff pride themselves on their commitment to resolve cases in the best interest of each individual client. So, when the time came to update their data infrastructure, Marcus & Mack sought the same personalized approach from their software implementation partner.
Top Considerations When Selecting Practice Management Software
We all know we need it. Practice management software streamlines processes, tasks and teams while helping to keep cases on track. Law firms cannot meet the demands of today’s legal landscape successfully without practice management. But, have you seen how many solutions are out there now?
Understand the features to consider and how to navigate the options available before making a decision with this comprehensive guide to selecting practice management software. We’ve compiled the top considerations for your selection process to help you make a thoughtful and educated decision.
Inside this ebook, you’ll find:
- A framework for understanding and working through features and options when selecting practice management software.
- The benefits of specific operations available via practice management and how they will positively impact your operations and overall success.
- The critical questions to ask when choosing an approach to selection and implementation of practice management.
Agility and Peace of Mind: Sessums Black Caballero Ficarrotta’s Journey into the Cloud
Sessums Black Caballero Ficarrotta PA (SBCF) has been practicing marital and family law in Tampa Bay, Florida since 1982. The highly specialized, one-office firm comprises six attorneys, four paralegals, and six support staff. SBCF prides itself on providing discreet, compassionate and attentive service to its clients, combined with the highest-quality legal services.
When firm administrator Paul Kanjorski was tasked with bringing the firm’s outdated technology and infrastructure into the 21st century, SBCF turned to Affinity Consulting Group for support with software selection and technology implementation.
3 Keys to Lasting Law Firm Success
The business of law isn’t what it used to be. The economic climate has changed. The billable hour is dying. Clients want value, and lawyers face increasing competition from customary rivals as well as emerging online DIY companies that have commoditized many of the services historically provided by traditional law firms.
It’s time to start thinking about how to accomplish more with less, how to be more efficient and effective, and how to reinvent your practice to stay ahead of the pack, in a proactive and thoughtful way.
In this comprehensive ebook, you’ll learn:
- Why an employee-centered approach is critical for your firm’s success.
- How to optimize your business processes.
- How to maximize your technology ROI and improve your bottom line.
Seven Easy Steps to Creating Gold Standard Templates
Gold Standard Templates™ save time and improve drafting accuracy. With Gold Standard Templates, documents take less time to draft, documents are more accurate, new hires are onboarded faster, and common language is easily maintained. In a nutshell, Gold Standard Templates are model documents in which the formatting works perfectly, the location of all changeable text is identified, and all optional provisions are included.
In this informative guide to creating your own Gold Standard Templates, you’ll learn:
- How Gold Standard Templates can dramatically improve your document drafting process and reduce errors.
- How to create your own Gold Standard Templates using Microsoft Word.
- How to use and maintain your Gold Standard Templates for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
Managing eDiscovery With and Without DMS
Document management systems are designed in large part to manage a law firm’s work product. With a few exceptions, DMS programs were not designed to manage discovery or evidence. Firms often find themselves “bending” their DMS programs to house and manage case discovery. DMS programs do work well for discovery in some specific situations, however.
In this informative ebook, you’ll learn:
- Which situations are appropriate for using your DMS to manage discovery.
- Why discovery tools are generally best for managing discovery or evidence.
- Which discovery tools are best suited to specific situations.
Why Lawyers Should Track Their Time
Lawyers who depend on timekeeping to produce monthly bills and to be paid are more conscious of tracking time than their counterparts who work in the contingency fee and flat fee arenas. But even attorneys and staff who work in a firm where almost all of the fees are earned on a contingency basis should keep track of time. Frequently, the contingency lawyer’s aversion to tracking his/her day stems from a prior position in a firm that required it, or a lack of understanding why time should be tracked if it is not being billed on a regular billing cycle.
We’ve compiled the information in this quick guide to show you how you can (and why you should) use time, billing, and accounting (TBA) software to improve the way you manage your time, improve your efficiency, and better manage your costs.
In this ebook, you’ll learn:
- Six ways TBA software can improve your time management.
- Five rules for enforcing timekeeping in your organization.
- The importance of tracking every minute of your time—even non-billable hours!
Cloud Infrastructure Case Study: Swift Currie
“Southern grown, nationally known” Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers is the largest (over 350 employees) law firm in Georgia focused exclusively on litigation. With more than 50 years of litigation experience and offices in both Atlanta and Birmingham, Swift Currie is at the forefront of legal writing, speaking, and education. The firm maintains steady growth and considers its talented attorneys and staff to be the keys to its continued success. Named to the U.S. News & World Report “Best Law Firms” list and maintaining a consistent presence on the Atlanta Business Chronicle “Top 50 Atlanta Law Firms” list, Swift Currie prides itself on its efficiency, practicality, and rock-solid relationships with its clients.
When Swift Currie needed a fresh perspective on its IT infrastructure and help ushering in new technologies, the firm turned to the experts at Affinity Consulting Group.
Succession Planning: The Uncomfortable Conversations You Need To Be Having Now
Succession planning is about more than just retirement. Talking about what will happen when one of your key players leaves the firm means broaching difficult topics like compensation, financial planning, personal and professional identity, and even physical health—discussions that are inherently uncomfortable and deeply personal.
That said, taking a “deal with it later” approach leaves your firm unnecessarily vulnerable to the potentially disastrous effects of an unplanned (and un-planned-for) exit. Do you really want to risk it?
In this ebook, we share:
- 7 critical elements of succession planning.
- Why now is the right time to start having those uncomfortable discussions.
- What you can do today to ensure that your firm is prepared for tomorrow.
Your Comprehensive Guide to Creating a World-Class Training Program
Successful training programs require constant planning, evaluation, and adaptation. A training program is not a one-time event, but an ever-evolving method of improving efficiency and job satisfaction within your organization to maximize your team’s performance and your firm’s profitability.
In this comprehensive guide to creating a top-tier training program, you’ll learn:
- How to select the right topics for up-front and ongoing training.
- How to select training formats, choose trainers, and develop effective materials.
- How to analyze your training program’s performance and continually optimize it.
Get your copy now!
Training and Collaboration Across Distributed Teams
Whether your team started in one place and dispersed over time or you built a distributed team from the ground up, training and collaboration can be challenging. Technology has come a long way in making it easier for people to work from home or multiple office locations around the world. With the right technology and culture, your team can be just as effective apart as they are together.
In this ebook, you’ll learn:
- How to deliver quality training to all team members—wherever they are.
- How to build a culture of collaboration and learning.
- How to use technology to seamlessly connect and collaborate across geographic lines.
Get your copy now!
10 Elements of a Highly Effective Law Firm Training Program
Ready to get serious about your firm’s training program? Affinity’s experts show you exactly what it takes to create a highly effective training program and reap the productivity, accuracy, and efficiency benefits that go with it.
- Why just-in-time content delivery is critical to retention.
- How to ensure 100% relevance to an employee’s job role.
- Which training formats are most effective.
- How investing in training can actually increase your revenue.
- The benefits of a collaborative training environment.
- A better way to approach new hire training.
- How to establish an organizational culture of learning.
Get your copy now!