7 Strategies for Responsible Trust Accounting
Confused about trust accounts? You’re not alone. But given that trust accounting—that is, managing someone else’s money—is one of the most sensitive things you do as an attorney, and that trust accounting missteps are one of the most common sources of ethical violations, having a solid understanding of your obligations in this area is critical to the survival of your practice.
In this ebook, you’ll:
- Learn how trust accounts differ from other bank accounts.
- Find out who does (and doesn’t) bear the responsibility for missteps related to trust accounts.
- Discover seven smart, actionable strategies for responsible trust accounting.
Get your copy now!
Cut the Crap
The business of law is changing. For attorneys to be successful in the new and ever-changing marketplace, they must be both effective and efficient. They must be lean and innovative—willing to reinvent the ways in which they work in order to stay ahead of the pack.
In any industry, the greatest threat to efficiency is waste. One proven approach to reducing waste—the Lean Six Sigma methodology—is being embraced by an increasing number of legal organizations. The result? More streamlined, profitable firms.
In this ebook, you’ll:
- Discover why Lean Six Sigma matters to legal professionals.
- Explore 8 types of firm-killing waste.
- Learn how to find and get rid of waste.
This ebook will lead you to a leaner, more competitive firm, increased profitability, and happier, more engaged employees.
Moneyball for Lawyers
You probably know the story of how the Oakland Athletics Major League Baseball team was built to win. Their general manager, Billy Beane, was able to accomplish this without the benefit of the large player payrolls other teams had.
The principles of Moneyball—finding value in numbers that others fail to notice—can easily be applied to a law firm or any other business. In fact, the business of law and the business of baseball are actually quite similar. Both rely on processes and procedures that have been utilized for many years.
Moneyball for Lawyers will:
- Explore principles of the Profit Formula to Increase Revenue.
- Share the secrets of calculating and increasing your Profit Margin.
- Help you put the Profit Formula into practice for a new perspective on your business.
This quick read will propel you to success by learning to build a major-league law firm!
Your Not-to-Do List for Optimal Productivity
The ability to focus and be productive in a distraction-heavy work environment is more important than ever before. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, 24-hour news, client fires, 150 emails a day, constant interruption and perpetual frustration at not getting anything done… Sound like you? This kind of constant distraction is too much for us to handle, and it can result in complete psychological paralysis—often before you’ve even begun your day!
You need more than just a to-do list. You also need a not-to-do list – a set of behaviors to avoid in order to stay laser-focused on what you need to accomplish.
In this eBook, you’ll:
- Explore 12 important “not-to-dos” for keeping yourself on track.
- Learn to stay on task and manage distractions.
- Discover simple time management strategies that work.
This quick read will help you understand and implement the “don’t”s to make you more productive!
The Case for Subscription-Based Legal Services
Organizations across the service sector are beginning to rethink their fee-for-service revenue models and looking for ways to build stable, predictable income into their operating plans through subscription-based revenue.
In this white paper, you’ll:
- Discover the trouble with hourly billing.
- Consider the case for embracing a subscription-based revenue model.
- Explore to the 3 key issues to determine whether a subscription-based revenue is right for your firm.
Whether or not you’re ready to embrace it, the subscription revenue model is here to stay. Find out if it will work for you!
Hiring the Perfect Consultant for Your Law Firm
Don’t just hire a consultant. Hire a trusted advisor instead.
Thinking about bringing in a consultant to help you get that critical project across the finish line? Before you pull the trigger on a consulting engagement, you need to know what a consultant can (and can’t) do for you and why it’s so important to find the right consultant for your project and your team.
In this white paper, you’ll learn:
- The central role consultants can play in advancing critical initiatives.
- How to constructively engage in internal discussions around timing and goals for your consulting engagement.
- How to select the perfect consultant (your trusted advisor) for your firm and your project.
Get your copy now!