Become the Master of Your Technology
Our interactive deep-dive Power Hour sessions are designed to help users of all experience levels find new ways to work more efficiently, solve problems faster, and achieve maximum productivity by better utilizing the technology they already have! Power Hour legal technology training sessions are available exclusively to Plus and Premium members of our Affinity Insight program.
Upcoming sessions include:
- Microsoft Powerpoint: Perfect Your Presentation - September 23rd @ 2PM ET
Perfect your PowerPoint presentations with advanced techniques! In this power hour, learn how to bring life to your presentations with professional animations, document call outs, timelines, and slide transitions. Learn tricks for seamless presentations and how to employ themes and master slides.
- Use animations and slide transitions professionally
- Employ document call outs and timelines
- Prepare master slides
- Microsoft Word: Collaboration and Sharing - October 14th @ 2PM ET
Play it safe! Let us show you how to safely send documents outside your organization. In this power hour, learn how to remove metadata, document security, lock on tracked changes, create PDFs, and email documents from within Word. Further, learn how to collaborate in real time with Office 365.
- Create PDFs files
- Collaborate using tracked changes and Office 365 features
- Protect documents using metadata removal and document security
- Microsoft Word: Appellate Brief Formatting Series - October 14th to January 4th @2PM ET
Learn how to create an appellate brief with styles, complex page numbering, automatically updating table of contents, and table of authorities in this 7-part series.
20 – 40 minutes of training content + Q&A / day
10/12: FONT & PARAGRAPH FORMATTING
Learn Everything you need you need to know to harness the power of styles as it applies to an appellate brief. The formatting covered is critical for properly setting up styles.
10/26: SECTION FORMATTING
Learn how to use section formatting to control complex page numbering, including separate page numbering for the table of contents and table of authorities.
11/9: STYLES INTRODUCTION AND APPLICATION
Learn what styles are, the numerous advantages to using them, how to apply styles, and how to control the styles pane.
11/23: SETTING UP STYLES
Learn how to set up styles to meet the appellate brief formatting requirements.
12/7: AUTOMATIC PARAGRAPH NUMBERING
Learn how to automatically number paragraphs using styles.
12/21: TABLE OF CONTENTS
Learn how to create an automatic table of contents from the styled paragraphs.
1/4: TABLE OF AUTHORITIES
Learn how to create an automatic table of authorities using the features built into Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Outlook: Contacts - October 28th @ 2PM ET
Gain control and organization of your contacts! In this power hour, learn key setting changes, how to important contacts, and how to manage your contacts to keep them up to date and organized.
- Apply changes to Outlook settings
- Organize contacts
- Use the import utility to import contacts from another source
- Microsoft OneNote: Organizing Your Notes - November 4th @ 2PM ET
Organization is key to efficiency! Get organized with OneNote. In this power hour, learn how to import content, organize your notes, add annotations, search, and filter within OneNote.
- Use tools to import content
- Develop strategies for organization
- Create annotations
- Employ search and filter tools
- Microsoft Word: Macros - November 5th @ 3PM ET
Make Word work for you! Learn how to record macros and put them into practice.
- Microsoft Excel: Data Deep Dive - November 11th @ 2PM ET
Conquer the depths of Excel’s data manipulation and analysis tools! In this power hour, learn how to manipulate text, lookup data, use data validation to create dropdown lists or require users to enter specific types of data, create tables, and build pivot tables.
- Apply tools to combine text, split text, and change capitalization
- Use formulas to look up data
- Create dropdown lists using data validation
- Employ data validation tools to limit types of data entered
- Produce tables of data
- Analyze data through pivot tables
- Power Hour: Meetings with Zoom - November 18th @ 2PM ET
Learn how to meet with clients, the court, and take depositions over Zoom. From changing your background to pinning speakers, we have you covered.
- Windows 10: Tips and Tricks - December 2nd @ 2 PM ET
Get more out Windows 10! In this webinar, learn tips and tricks for working more efficiently, including shortcuts, searching, settings, Cortana, and the task view mode.
- Create shortcuts
- Employ search techniques
- Change settings quickly
- Use task view mode
- Microsoft Oulook: Automation - December 16th @ 2PM ET
Take your Outlook skills to the next level and increase your efficiency with Outlook’s automation tools. In this power hour, learn how to employ rules, quick steps, and quick parts to process email faster. Other efficiency techniques and customizations will be covered.
- Create Outlook rules and quick steps for faster email processing
- Develop quick parts for commonly used language
- Employ other techniques and customizations to increase efficiency